Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Abolish Education: Introduction

This is going to be the first post of a series of posts about education, or rather about why I feel all formal education should be abolished. Quite a grand vision I guess. I suppose I want to be the Thomas Cromwell of modern learning or something. Basically I feel that schools aren't working, aren't making children happy and aren't having a good affect on society generally. This is something I've wanted to write about for a while, but I've never been quite sure what form it should take - book/essay/blog? Or what style I should write it in, so I've kept kicking it into the long grass. Now I just feel it's time to just get it out there in writing. I'm not one hundred percent sure where I'm going with all this so there'll probably be a lot of re-editing, which I don't like doing on a public blog, but it's better than doing nothing. Anyway, here goes - wreck the classroom!

Abolish Education: Why Am I Learning French Miss?

Abolish Education: Photosynthesis

Abolish Education: The Misery Factory

Abolish Education: School Uniforms and Other Forms of Institutional Bullying

Abolish Education: Abolish Homework

Abolish Education: Knowledge and Cultural Snobbery


No comments:

Post a Comment